Monday, August 10, 2009

Summer Highlights

It's hard to believe that tomorrow is the last day of my internship! This week is already setting up to be a whirlwind and I still feel like I have unfinished business. I don't though. Maybe I just feel that way because I don't want to leave! I am really looking forward to a couple of weeks of relaxation before school starts up again so the timing is perfect. Nothing sounds finer than curling up on the couch with some good books to read!


I just wanted to put up a couple of pictures from some of the summer activities that went on here at the branch.

This is me and a couple young library regulars. These girls made fast friends and had a lot of fun building this huge tower. The tower was taller than me! Though that's not saying much...











Here I am at the Flatwoods Park Family Picnic. I had the tough job of 'meet and greet,' which meant I got to meet lots of families and tell them about all of the great things going on at the picnic!




As you can tell there was lot of hands-on, social interaction going on and the job pretty much demanded it. It is almost unheard of to have nothing to do at/for the library! All in all this was the best part of the job, or at least the most rewarding one. It was also great to see a community come together on more than one occasion for the children. I hope they had as much fun as I did!
















No comments:

Post a Comment