Thursday, August 6, 2009

Get Cookin'!

As I have mentioned in previous posts for my last little project at the Ellettsville branch I am going to create a mini-display and an accompanying book list. I have decided to title my booklist: "Get Cookin' This Summer With a Great Cookbook!" I have divided the list by type of cookbook, with a few titles for each type just to give readers an idea of some of the good ones. I have included the call numbers for each book so that if the particular item is checked out readers can get themselves in the vicinity where other similar books will be. My categories are: Classic Cookbooks, Family Fun in the Kitchen, Improve Your Grill Skills, Can It, Baked Delights, Regional Recipes, Healthy Recipes, and International Cookbooks. I know it's kind of long, but I figured this way there is something for everyone. I wanted to remind readers of some of the classic cooking literature out there, while also keeping them abreast of some of the new publications the library has. I don't want to put every book that is on the list on the display but I am going to try and select from those subject areas to give a broader view of what's out there. Should be fun to look at as well as create! I am going to wait until Monday and Tuesday to create the actual display because by that time Mickey will be back and able to okay everything. Can't wait to see how it turns out!

No comments:

Post a Comment