Monday, July 27, 2009

One last project...

Even with almost two weeks left in my internship I am organizing one last project! I know, I know, but this is going to be fun I think.

I wanted to do another booklist but wasn't really interested in poring over reader/editorial reviews and absorbing a mindnumbing amount of character and place names. So, I decided to do a booklist/display (I'm getting a little happy with the slash, huh?) to showcase our cookbooks. Since it's an area I know a fair amount about (having done my collection development project in this area) I thought it would be simple and fun. My idea is to make a good, definitive list outlining some classic cookbooks, kid and family cookbooks, grilling (since it's summer), low-fat and healthy recipes, regional and international (Amish, Mexican, Greek), canning and preserving, and baking. I am only going to give a few titles for each category, but I figure that if one title interests a reader that will at least get them to the section where other books of the same subject are shelved. That makes browsing for specific books that much easier.

I also want to do a small display, maybe on a rolling cart, just kind of showcasing a few of the books (or related ones) on the booklist. I figure that will be a good way to promote the booklist while providing some delicious-looking, tangible examples. More on this and photos to follow...

No comments:

Post a Comment